"Spanish is coming okay. I have learned a lot but I still have a lot to learn. Every week we prepare a talk in Spanish and then the branch presidency announces who will give them after we do the Sacrament, so it's always a surprise. I haven't gone yet. but my turn is coming. As a District we are trying to HSI (hablar su idioma {speak your language}) as much as possible. We are trying to make Spanish the norm and English the exception. I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish everyday with Elder Grover. The gift of tongues is real. You would all think that I am fluent, but I know that I'm not."
"Thanksgiving was just a normal day with two devotionals and a humanitarian project. Not much, but it was really good. Elder Holland was great, a few weeks before everyone got to fill out a paper to ask an apostle a question so he answered some of the most common questions. My absolute favorite part of his talk was when he said, "I do not dedicate my entire life to a fairy tale!" Elder Oaks came the devotional before Elder Holland. He has an amazing wife, they spoke well together. "
"Thanks for the support and letters I got like 12 this week from everyone."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments Appreciated!