Mehr Family

Mehr Family

April 12, 2011

FROM OUR MISSIONARY

     "We had our best investigator come to church and he wants to bring his wife and daughters next week if they will be willing!  So that's exciting.  In my district the other missionaries have been having a lot of success and we should be seeing at least 9 baptisms in the next 3 weeks.
     15-families is just the same as normal.  I have made a decision on my mission.  It's one of those things that we only decide once and then stick to that decision.  I promised myself that I would never digress in the gospel and never go inactive.  I will have 100% attendance at church and I will fulfill any calling I am assigned.
     We are starting English classes in our ward for investigators, members, and whomever else.  We'll see how it goes.  Elder T. and I already gave an English lesson the the A--- and they are super excited.  The church has these little posters with pictures and words and phrases for basic communication.  Lesson one is introduce yourself and lesson two is talk about your family.
     A lady gave us passion fruit yesterday, so we made agua de passion fruit ( I don't know how to say passion fruit in Spanish).  But basically Hispanics make whatever-aid instead of juice and call it "water of such-and such"  I've had it of cantaloupe, watermelon, guava, pear, lemon, orange, mandarin, and probably others.  So we make it with passion fruit then added mango, banana, and a little lemon.  It's okay.  I made it right, but it's always a little too watery for me.  Passion fruit is weird.  It's like a mix between a pomegranate and an egg.  It looks gross (like chunky egg insides with black seeds), but smells and tastes really good."  

1 comment:

  1. I love Judd's decision about his activity in the church. Last night I heard of a friend who's turning his back on the gospel, he's decided to be Atheist. That one decision of Judd's will bless the rest of his entire existence! So fun to hear from him. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Appreciated!