Mehr Family

Mehr Family

May 16, 2016

From our Missionary

"This Saturday we woke up, did our studies, and drove to the Stake center in Albany. Walking into the Relief Society room I say Elder Fisher handing Tammy a white jumpsuit. Dresses were hung over my arm just in case she would rather wear a dress. We showed Tammy through the door to the font and into the bathroom. After trying on a few jumpsuits and dresses she finally decided on a jumpsuit that fit. She asked if she should wear her hair up or down and we said up. I told her about how Grandma had to be dunked a few times because her hair kept coming up (hopefully I did not make up that story myself ha ha). We then made sure Mike had a towel, because as her husband he would get the privilege of baptizing her a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Tammy hadn't come out of the bathroom yet so we knocked on the door. It was cute as she sat on the bench with a colored towel in her had waiting for her turn to be baptized. How grateful I was and am to have been there to be a part of this special day. The service was sweet, it was simple. I gave a short talk on baptism and then Sister P. and I showed her to the font. We got to watch from the side of the font. I'm sure what I felt must have been similar to how my Mom felt as she stood where I stood 12 years earlier. Mike did wonderfully and she only had to go down once. As she came up she asked "Every hair?" I grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her. A few minutes later when she was dressed I asked her how she felt and she said "So many emotions, but I'm happy!" I could see it. Pretty sure I gave Tammy 20 hugs in one hour. The thing about this baptism is that the spirit was there and it was oh so good, but I did not feel complete. I think that is because since day one with Tammy the goal I saw was for her and Mike to be sealed in the Temple. Baptism is just the first step. I cannot wait to be able to witness her make additional covenants in the Temple in a years times. I love Tammy and honestly I do not know why I got to have the honor of delivering the message of this gospel to her. Knowing Tammy has taught me how much God loves us. He is so good to us and so merciful. My life is forever changed because of Tammy. I'm just grateful I got to see it from the beginning to the gate and hopefully to the end!

1 comment:

Comments Appreciated!