Mehr Family

Mehr Family

August 3, 2009

Emily attended three soccer camps this summer. She starts the fall soccer season next week. David is her assistant coach.

Irish Step Dancing has kept Sadie busy this summer. She was awarded 7 medals at the State Feis. Sadie also performed in three city celebrations.

Grandma with David

We were with Grandma in the Emergency Room twice during July. On Independence Day, I went over to get her ready for a family BBQ we were hosting and her hand was swollen and obviously painful. I thought for sure it was broken. David took her to the Emergency Room and after examination and x-ray they determined she had an infection, and treated her with antibiotic. Late on the night before girl’s camp, Grandma was taken to the Emergency Room by ambulance. It turns out she drank laundry detergent. We count it a blessing that both times Grandma was released from the hospital quickly.

The other day I was visiting Grandma and she told me she “had a good time”. She did not know where she had been or what she had done but she clearly recognized how she felt. My visit was just after her Tuesday Relief Society meeting and I am sure she was feeling the spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Appreciated!